What software development terms should you know to speak with development team in one language? Our backend and frontend development interns recorded a video for you with some basic terms. Have a nice watch!
- Hi everyone, welcome to Frontend House channel. Today we will talk about words (development terms) which you have to know before you start to cooperate with software team - to create your app or website. Interns from Frontend House and Liki will present some of such words which are important to know. Let's begin.
- Hello, my name is Hubert. Let's start with API. API is a short for Application Programming Interface - how computers and applications communicate with one another.
- Hi, I'm Adrian and I'm frontend intern. Frontend is a layer above the backend and it includes all software or hardware that's part of a user interface. Human, or digital users, interact directly with various aspects of the front end of a program including user entered data, buttons, programs, websites and other features. Most of these features are designed by User Experience (UX) professionals to be accessible, pleasant and easy to use.
Bug and debugging
- Hello, my name is Mateusz Matusiak, I work for Liki Mobile Solutios and I'm backend Intern. Today we will talk about bug and debugging - what it is. So bug in historical terms was firstly known on September 9th 1947, a team of computer scientists and engineers reported the world's first computer bug. A bug is a flow or glitch in a system, but this time it was a real time moth that was causing the issues with the computer's hardware. So debugging is the process of finding out and eliminating bugs, which is very useful to make our code better. It's hard to do it on production server, so here logging is very super handy to deal with bugs.
- Hi, my name is Marcin, I'm frontend intern. What is cache? Cache is temporary data storage that helps sites speed up by storing relevant information such as images or fonts. The first time you visit the website, the cache saves it. Thanks to cache, when you visit the same website again, your computer does not have to reload all the website information as it already saved.
- Let's talk about backend. The backend refers to parts of a computer application or a programs code that allow it to operate and that cannot be accessed by a user. Most data and operating syntax are stored and accessed in the backend of a computer system. Typically the code is composed of one or more programming languages. The backend is also called the data access layer of software or hardware and includes any functionality that needs to be accessed and navigated to by digital means.
- Attributes are special words used inside the opening tag to control an HTML (HyperText Markup Language) element behavior. For example, there is an anchor tag in which we can specify href attribute by passing a link to another website or ID of content to which we want to navigate to. There's also src attribute in which we can specify URL of the image and many more attributes to work with.
- Deployment is a process that makes a software system available for use to all people around the world. So if we have local server like on our local machine, and we want to make it available to our users, we have to deploy it on some Amazon or something like that.
- What is cookies? Probably all of you struggle with those big modals where you have to accept or reject the cookies policy. But what's really our cookies? It is the string sent by Internet server to a browser. Each time the browser access the same server (when you type a web address or URL into the browser), it sends the data back as it means of tracking how (and how often) it accesses the web server. It can store your data, for example, the theme or language you choose.
- Okay, so Git is a version control system where developers can store and manage their code.
- Documentation is a crucial part of web development and software engineering. Documentation is essentially the central point of reference for anyone involved in managing, maintaining or using a website or piece of software. Documentation may provide information on requirements, architecture and design, technical properties, information for the end user or marketing.
- The term full stack refers to the technologies and skills needed to complete a project, with each individual component being a stack. Stacks can be mobile, web, or software specific. Typically, a software engineer will focus on one part of development, either the front end or the backend side.
- So what is the sitemap? Outline of all pages on websites, organized in hierarchical order. Thanks to it, Google's indexing robots can easily analyze the site and position it better (search engine optimization), which affects the number of its visits.
- GitHub is a cloud interface for Git, which also offers its own features, such as backtracking, task management, or project wikis.
- Now let’s focus on web app. It's important to distinguish between the mobile apps and web apps, as they are built differently. Native mobile apps are built for a specific platform, such as iOS for iPhone, and are installed and run on the device itself. Web apps, on the other hand, are accessed via the Internet browser and will adapt to whichever device you are viewing them. They are not native to a specific operating system, nor do they need to be downloaded or installed.
- Feel free to check out the rest of videos on our channel.
- Bye. Visit frontendhouse.com and see you next time.
- Thank you for watching. Bye.
- Thank you. Bye.
Do you need web developers to create a website or software development? Or maybe UX/UI designers to sketch an application program interface and outlone graphical user interface? Or experienced product owner to help you choose the best content management system? Our app/web developer will choose the best-suited programming language for your website or app and make it stunning. In Frontend House web developers write clean code, so you may focus on the business side. And let's not forget about SEO friendly content, so search engines will boost your project among other web pages. Interested?